Seven steps to cupcake heaven—serve these beauties at your next party or just because cupcakes make everything better.
- Prep Time
- 24 cupcakesServings
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake pan with paper liners. Set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In another mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
4. Add eggs one at a time, mixing until incorporated and scraping down sides of bowl. Beat in vanilla.
5. Add flour mixture and milk alternately, beginning and ending with flour. Scrape the sides and bottom of bowl to assure the batter is thoroughly mixed.
6. Divide batter evenly among paper liners, filling them about 2/3 full.
7. Bake on the center rack of the oven until tops spring back to touch, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serve plain or top with Cupcake Glaze.
This classic and simple cupcake recipe is a winner every time.