Grilled cheese is an easy lunch that will have you wanting seconds. It is great for those days when you don’t have a lot of time but want something warm and filling.
Recipe reprinted from One Pot One Pan cookbook by Devorah Kahan and Rachel Moskowitz, get your copy here.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 4 slices cheese (any type)
- 2-3 basil leaves
- Handful colorful grape tomatoes, halved
- Butter, for frying
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Spread ricotta cheese on both slices of bread. Top one slice with sliced cheese, basil and vegetables. Top with second slice of bread.
2. Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Place sandwich in the pan and fry 5-6 minutes on each side, or until golden brown, pressing down with the back of the spatula as it cooks.
Note: If you want the cheese to melt faster, cover the pan and the steam will speed up the process.
Tip: Grilled cheese is a great food to experiment with because the combinations of breads, fillings and vegetables are endless. For example, you can use your favorite pizza toppings and tomato sauce or ketchup on the bread for a pizza grilled cheese. Play around with different flavors until you find your favorite!