The fastest, easiest, best hash browns are made in the waffle iron. All you need is some shredded potatoes, salt and pepper and oil and your breakfast dreams can come true. This recipe adds a little chard for color and nutrition.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch black pepper (or more to taste)
- 1/2 bunch Swiss chard
- Cooking spray
1. Preheat waffle iron to medium.
2. Grate or chop fine potatoes and place in a large bowl.
3. Grate onion and add it to bowl, add minced garlic, salt and pepper and mix.
4. Chop the chard finely and add to bowl. Mix.
5. Spray waffle iron generously with cooking spray. Fill with potatoemixture so that it is over stuffed and close the lid.
6. Cook for about 5 minutes then check to see when brown and crispy.
7. Remove from grid and don't worry if it doesn't stick together as a waffle, they still taste great and look cool.