Granita is like a healthy snow cone and if your watermelon is sweet you don’t need to add any sugar.
NOTE: Granita can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
- Prep Time
- 4 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest
- 8 tablespoons lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 4 tablespoons orange juice (about 1 orange)
- Lime wedges, for serving (optional)
1. In a blender or food processor, puree watermelon, lime zest and juice, and orange juice until smooth.
2. Pour watermelon mixture into a shallow dish and cover tightly with plastic wrap.
3. Freeze, mixing every hour, until frozen, about 3 hours.
4. Using the tines of a fork, scrape mixture until flakes form.
5. Freeze, covered, until ready to serve in margarita glasses, garnished with lime wedges, if desired.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 40
- Carbohydrate Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 2 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g