This Whole Wheat Garlic Bread goes perfectly with lasagna or the no-carb alternative Zucchini Lasagna.
After mincing the garlic, let it sit for 10 minutes before cooking. The chopping helps release all of the nutritive properties, which will aid in cardiovascular health, act as an anti-bacterial, and provide anti-cancer benefits.
Gluten Free: Swap baked potato for baguette.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ whole-wheat baguettes, halved, lengthwise
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
1. Whisk together evoo, garlic, parsley, and salt.
2. Brush garlic mixture over cut side of baguettes and place on the prepared baking sheet.
3. Bake at 400°F for 12 to 15 minutes or until just toasted and golden around the edges.
- Calories: 313
- Carbohydrate Content: 48 g
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Sodium Content: 459 mg