- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 16 ServingsServings
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa, 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup non-fat dry milk powder
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce, 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon confectioners’ sugar, optional
1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
2 Lightly coat an 8 x 8 x 2-inch pan with cooking spray; set aside.
3 In large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon; set aside.
4 In medium bowl, beat the sugar, brown sugar, non-fat dry milk powder, egg white, applesauce and vanilla with a spoon until well combined.
5 Stir wet mixture into dry mixture, mixing just until moistened.
6 Spread evenly in prepared pan. Bake 22 to 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. If desired, dust with confectioners’ sugar. Cut into 16 squares.
Source: Wheat Foods Council