- One sturdy, brightly colored piece of thicker construction paper, size
- 8 X 11 (A4), per kid
- One good photo of each kid who is making a placemat
- Stickers for decorating the edges
- Magic markers in various colors
- Stencil for writing the letters of the name, optional
1 Using the stencil, if you have it, write your name neatly near the top right half of the paper. You can do it in Hebrew or English letters.
2 Attach the photo to the other half of the paper.
3 Place stickers in any pattern you like all around the edges of the paper; this will be your border or frame.
4 Using the magic markers, color the name and the rest of the paper so it will be pretty. Those who know how to write can add a short love note to the person who will be receiving the placemat, such as, “Hi, Bubby, I love you! Happy Pesach!”
5 When you are done, take it to a store that does lamination and laminate it. Now your placemat is all ready for use! When it gets dirty, just give it a swipe with a damp rag, and it will be as good as new!
Excerpt from Let My Children Cook!