We love the magical 2-ingredient dough, not just because it has so few ingredients or just because it is so quick and easy to make all sorts of baked goods, but because Greek yogurt is so healthy it is a ZeroPoint™ food on WW and that means these bagels have only 3 SmartPoints™ each! Learn more about ZeroPoint™ foods and what else you can make with this 2-ingredient dough here.
To keep your bagel light try our DIY Yogurt Cream Cheese.
Note: To make this recipe with regular flour, add 2 teaspoons (10 g) baking powder and a large pinch (about ⅓ teaspoon) salt.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1⅓ (160 g) cups self rising flour, plus more as needed
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (200 g) plain fat free Greek yogurt, divided
- 1 ½ tablespoons everything bagel seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place flour and yogurt in a medium bowl; stir well with a spoon until just combined and then continue to knead dough by hand in the bowl until smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes. If dough is too sticky to knead, add 1 to 2 more tablespoons flour; let dough sit 5 minutes.
- Place dough on a lightly-floured surface; divide dough into 6 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball; place on prepared pan. Press your thumb or two pointer fingers into the center of each dough ball to create a hole so you form a bagel shape; repeat with remaining dough balls to form 6 bagels.
- Combine 2 tablespoons yogurt with 1 teaspoon water and mix. Lightly brush bagel tops with yogurt mixture; sprinkle each bagel with ¾ teaspoon seasoning. Bake until lightly browned, about 15 to 20 minutes. Gently remove bagels from pan; enjoy warm or at room temperature.
Serving size: 1 bagel
WW SmartPoints™: 3
Please note that according to Jewish law, one should not bake meat or dairy bread items unless they are small enough to be eaten in one sitting.