This fresh and easy-to-prepare salad is packed with protein, and perfect for lunch or dinner.
- Prep Time
- 3 cups cooked white rice, chilled
- 2 cups diced red and/or yellow or orange bell peppers
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cup diced jicama
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken or turkey breast
- ¾ cup sliced scallions
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 large romaine lettuce leaves
- Lime wedges (optional)
1. Combine rice, bell peppers, beans, tomato, jicama, chicken, scallions and cilantro in large bowl; mix well.
2. Combine salsa, lime juice, oil and salt in small bowl. Add to salad; toss well. (Salad may be served immediately or covered and chilled up to 8 hours before serving.) Serve salad over lettuce leaves with lime wedges.
source: National Turkey Federation