Delicious and refreshing with just a hint of lime, this easy classic adds panache to any occasion.
- Prep Time
- 6 to 8Servings
- 8 cups seeded, cubed watermelon (about 6 pounds with the rind), divided
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 liter (4 cups) club soda or seltzer water, well chilled
- Lime slices for garnish
1. Combine half the watermelon, half the water and half the sugar in a blender. Puree.
2. Pour through a coarse strainer into a large container.
3. Repeat with the remaining watermelon, water and sugar.
4. Stir in lime juice. Refrigerate until well chilled, about 4 hours.
5. To serve, stir in club soda (or seltzer) and garnish with lime.