This vinaigrette comes together in just minutes, and is truly all purpose--you can add it to nearly any salad. It pairs perfectly with any of our 17 Salads for 2017. Just sub out the recipe’s vinaigrette with this one.
And while we’re on the subject of substitutions, you can make this your own by swapping out for your favorite vinegar, citrus juice and zest, or even your favorite seasonings like ginger or za’atar. For best results, use a high-quality extra virgin olive oil. We love Colavita!
Store vinaigrette for up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time
- 2 small shallots, minced
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- Pinch of dried oregano
- Pinch of dried basil
- Dash of hot sauce (optional)
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Combine shallots, garlic, mustard, honey, vinegar, water, zest, oregano, basil, evoo, and salt and pepper in a medium size jar. Shake!
2. Unused vinaigrette can be stored, in the jar, for 3 weeks in the refrigerator. Once store in the refrigerator, the evoo will become solid. To use, warm at room temperature or under warm water.
Amounts may vary depending upon the acidity of the vinegar you choose.
- White vinegar
- Rice wine vinegar
Herb and Seasoning Substitutions:
- Freshly grated ginger or ground ginger
- Soy Sauce
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.