While coconut adds a dynamic texture to these truffles, it's the almond center that gives it a delicious surprise.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 24 TrufflesServings
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon unsalted margarine
- ½ cup non-dairy whipping cream or coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut rum or coconut extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ cup whole almonds, cut in half
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes, toasted and chopped
1. Place chocolate and margarine in medium glass bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Remove, stir and repeat this process one more time.
2. Separately, heat cream over medium heat until simmering. Remove from heat and pour over melted chocolate. With a rubber spatula, stir chocolate until mixture is smooth. Whisk in coconut rum and almond extract.
3. Pour chocolate mixture into a bowl, and refrigerate, uncovered, for 1 hour.
4. After 1 hour, scoop out chocolate with a tablespoon or cookie scoop, and roll out balls of the ganache with your hands. Push a half an almond into center of each ball and roll again. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Roll truffles in toasted coconut flakes and serve or store.