Try different mold shapes for a fun, seasonal take on this decadent sweet.
- Prep Time
- 20 PralinesServings
- 10½ ounces chocolate
- 7 ounces milk chocolate or bittersweet chocolate
- 3½ ounces white chocolate
- 4 tablespoons praline paste
- ½ cup crushed corn flakes
- 1½ ounces slivered almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
1. Place chocolate in a bowl. Microwave on medium high for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove from the microwave and stir. Repeat heating at shorter intervals, 15 to 20 seconds, stirring in between, until the chocolate is completely melted and has a smooth consistency.
2. Fill molds with chocolate up to the top. Wait 2 minutes and turn molds over on a sheet of baking paper to drain off excess chocolate (the exterior of the chocolate will remain in the mold, creating a cavity in the center for you to fill). Reserve excess chocolate.
3. Clean off surface of the molds with a spatula and freeze for 10 minutes.
4. Melt milk and white chocolates using method above. Add praline paste, corn flakes, and almonds. Mix well, and let cool for 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Remove molds from freezer, and pour filling into each chocolate cavity. Fill molds almost to top, but not quite, leaving room to seal the bottom of the pralines with chocolate coating. Freeze for 30 minutes.
6. Melt excess chocolate reserved from the first stage of the coating. Remove molds from freezer and top up filling with a thin layer of chocolate that completely covers the filling and creates a base for the praline.
7. Freeze for 1 hour. Remove pralines from molds.