Just the name AMBROSIA sounds so yummy. I love tea and a tea salad dressing is a fun and delicious way to add some sparkle to this fruit salad that is perfect for dessert (with- out the spinach) or as a starter to a great meal.
Recipe note: Toast coconut and pecans on a cookie sheet in a 350°F oven for five minutes.
- Prep Time
- 1 cup sweetened iced tea
- Zest of 1 lemon and 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon style mustard
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- 2 oranges, peeled and cut into rounds
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and cut into rounds
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup toasted coconut
- ¼ cup toasted pecans
1. Whisk tea, lemon zest and juice, mustard, olive oil, salt and pepper together.
2. Arrange spinach leaves on serving plates or a platter.
3. Arrange pineapple, orange and grapefruit slices on the spinach. Drizzle with vinaigrette and sprinkle with coconut and pecans.