Based on my most popular Broccoli Kugel, I wanted to share with you my anything goes variation. I actually showed you how to make this on Instagram, you can see it here, skip to the end where I start by sauteeing peppers.
The kugel is essentially 2 ingredients, eggs and mayo, plus any veg you want to use. In the video, on Instagram, I used peppers, onions, thawed frozen spinach, and cauliflower, but you can add mushrooms, use fresh spinach, or really anything you like.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 pounds mixed vegetable of choice, cut into pieces (onions, peppers, spinach, mushrooms, cauliflower, broccoli, kale, chard, carrots, etc.)*
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 4 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Liberally coat a 9-inch round, oval or square baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, place veggies, mayonnaise, eggs, salt, black, and cayenne peppers, and mix well.
4. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
5. Bake at 375°F for 1 hour or until set with golden edges.
*It's best to saute onions and peppers and mushrooms in advance, but other veggies and go right in the mixture.