Muhammara is a Middle Eastern red pepper and walnut spread. It can be served as a dip alongside vegetables or spread onto sandwiches for additional flavor. Including apple peels in this recipe gives the Muhammara a subtle taste of apple without changing the texture and overall flavor of this popular dip.
- Prep Time
- 1 cupServings
- ½ cup ground almonds
- Peel from one apple
- ½ cup jarred roasted red pepper or 1 whole pepper, roasted
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 slice whole wheat bread, optional
1. Place the almonds, apple peel, and red pepper into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse all of the ingredients into small pieces.
2. Add the spices, oil, juice and paste. Blend until smooth.
3. To thicken the dip, add up to 1 piece of bread. Process again to combine.