Try a different ‘angle’ this Purim. These are jam-good! You’ll go nuts over them.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 dozenServings
- 1 cup margarine, in chunks
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup finely ground almonds
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
2. In a food processor fitted with the steel blade, process margarine, flour, ground almonds, sugar and vanilla until crumbly, about 20 seconds. Reserve 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture evenly into prepared pan. Bake 20 minutes, until golden.
3. Mix apricot jam with lemon juice; spread evenly over base. Crumble reserved crumb mixture over jam layer. Sprinkle with slivered almonds. Bake 30 minutes longer, until golden. Cool completely.
4. Cut with a sharp knife into 24 squares, and then cut each in half diagonally to form 48 triangles.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Purim 2014 SUBSCRIBE NOW