Make sure to prepare the risotto a day in advance. The next day, stuff with cheese, coat with breadcrumbs, fry, and enjoy these ooey gooey cheese filled Arancini while they are piping hot.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 ⅓ cups vegetable stock or boiling water
- 2 cups Arborio risotto or short grain rice
- ½ cup Tnuva Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 ½ cups Tnuva Mozzarella cheese, grated
- ½ cup Tnuva Goat Cheese, sliced in ½ rounds
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Oil for deep frying
- Any of your favorite spreads, such as: pesto, roasted pepper dip, tomato sauce
1. One day prior to serving: Bring the vegetable stock or water to boil. Add the rice plus 1 teaspoon of sea salt and bring to boil on high heat. Reduce to medium heat and cook until all the liquid is absorbed. Add the grated Parmesan cheese, season with salt and pepper and mix well. Let cool and refrigerate overnight.
2. The following day, add mozzarella cheese and mix well.
3. To prepare the balls: take a full tablespoon of the rice mixture with wet hands and form into a ball. Flatten the ball and place a goat cheese slice in the center. Pinch the edges to close around the filling and roll gently into a ball. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
4. Prepare a large pot with oil for deep frying. In a shallow bowl, mix the cornmeal with black pepper.
5. Roll each ball in the flour mixture. When the oil is hot but not boiling, fry each ball for about 5 minutes until golden. Fry no more than 3-4 balls at one time.
6. Using a slotted spoon, remove the balls from the pot and place on a plate lined with paper towels.
7. Serve warm or at room temperature with your favorite spreads.