- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 Cup commercial barbecue sauce
- 1 Tablespoon fresh gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 Cup diced scallions
- 2 Tablespoons crystallized ginger, finely minced
- 10 Large iceberg lettuce leaves, washed, dried and well chilled
1 Over medium heat, crumble turkey into a wok or large skillet and saute, stirring to break up any clumps. Cook until lightly browned.
2 Stir in hoisin and barbecue sauces, ginger root and garlic. Cook until hot and well blended.
3 Mix in pine nuts, scallions and crystallized ginger, tossing gently just long enough to heat through and blend well
4 To serve, spoon the hot turkey mixture into each lettuce leaf cup and roll tightly to enclose the turkey mixture.
5 Note: This is a delightful casual party food. Your guests will enjoy rolling their own appetizers.
Source: National Turkey Federation