- Cook Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck shoulder steaks, cut 3/4 to 1-inch thick
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups water, divided
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) Oriental or beef-flavored instant ramen noodles, broken up
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 4 cups broccoli florets, cut into 1 to 1-1/2-inch pieces
- Toppings: Toasted sesame seeds, sliced green onions, chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
1 Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Place beef steaks in stockpot; brown evenly. Pour off drippings; season with pepper, as desired.
2 Add 1 cup water, seasoning packets from ramen noodles and ginger; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
3 Remove steaks; keep warm. Add remaining 2 cups water, broccoli and noodles to stockpot; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, 4 to 6 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender and noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
4 Carve steaks into thin slices; return to stockpot. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Garnish with toppings, if desired.