Ginger, honey, and soy sauce are brushed onto these oven-broiled beets, creating an Asian vegetable side which compliments almost any main dish.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 - 6Servings
- 12 small beets (or one bunch full sized, beets quartered)
- 4 tablespoons butter or oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
1. Boil or steam beets until almost tender (10-15 minutes). Rinse in cold water and cut in half.
2. In a sauce pan, combine the butter or oil, honey, ginger and soy sauce. Heat gently, stirring, until sauce is smooth.
3. Place foil on cookie sheet. Place the beets on the cookie sheet.
4. Preheat the oven to broil.
5. Brush sauce on the beets and heat under broiler 5-10 minutes, basting frequently.