No need to work on hard on perfect meatballs, just season, scatter and roast for a simple weeknight dinner the whole family will love.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 teaspoon Asian chili sauce or sriracha, divided
1½ pounds small carrots, quartered lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 pound ground chicken or ground turkey
- 1 large egg, beaten to blend
- 6 scallions, white and pale-green parts finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons oat flour
- 1 bunch bok choy, quartered
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ¼ cup silan or honey
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
Preheat oven to 425℉.
- Toss carrots with 1 tablespoon evoo, and ½ teaspoon kosher 1 tsp chili sauce salt on a large sheet pan. Roast on lower rack of oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl mix ground chicken, egg, scallions, garlic, ginger, oat flour, 1 tablespoon evoo and 1 teaspoon salt until just combined.
- Make sauce. Combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, silan or honey, garlic and ginger, mix well.
- Remove carrots from oven and toss leaving space for meatballs and bok choy. Lay out bok choy around the pan. Using your hands scatter chicken mixture in small mounds on baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tablespoon sauce. Roast on upper rack for 15 minutes, tossing everything halfway through, until browned, crispy and fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, Drizzle sauce over meatballs, bok choy and carrots and toss well. Serve with rice