Not your average wonton, pot sticker or (your favorite Asian dumpling name here). Use it with our Shortcut Kreplach.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 cupsServings
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 piece star anise (this licorice flavored spice gives Asian dishes a very authentic flavor)
- 2 bunches scallions, sliced thinly
- 1 heaping tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
3 cups traditional meat filling
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sriracha or your favorite hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1. Heat a large sauté pan, coated with sesame oil, over medium heat. Sauté star anise with scallions, ginger, garlic and meat.
2. Add chili sauce, soy sauce, sriracha and sesame seeds. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Remove star anise and cool meat before using as a filling for kreplach.