Mirin is a sweet Japanese rice wine, see more and buy on Amazon.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 large eggs, left out overnight at room temperature
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup mirin
1. Place eggs in a small sauce-pot, and cover with cold water.
2. Bring eggs to a boil. Immediately turn off the heat, cover and set a timer for 7 minutes.
3. Gently move eggs to a bowl of ice water and allow them to cool for 10 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce and mirin. Place whole boiled eggs in the mixture and marinate for at least 2 hours and up to 3 days.
5. Peel, cut eggs in half, and serve with ramen.