The smooth and creamy texture of the avocado provides the perfect foil to the tart but sweet burst of the pomegranate seeds and the saltiness of the feta (you can add a little cumin and cinnamon into the mix to give it a touch of Mediterranean feel).
Get the recipe for Cheese Toast pictured on the left.
- Prep Time
- Fresh grain bread sliced into 1-inch slices
- Ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- Pomegranate seeds
- Feta cheese, can substitute goat cheese
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt flakes
1. Lightly toast your sliced bread (if desired), take the pitted avocado with a fork, and smash it over the bread, leaving some small chunks.
2. Sprinkle crumbled feta or goat cheese.
3. Scatter pomegranate seeds and drizzle extra-virgin olive oil to finish, with a pinch of sea salt flakes.