Inspired by the simplicity of this 4-Ingredient Za'atar Roast Chicken we took our Baharat seasoning blend along with meaty mushrooms to make another delicious easy chicken recipe.
Make it with chicken pieces or as a whole roast chicken, either way, it's perfect. We loved the flavor of this chicken using orange juice, but lemon is a great substitute if you prefer.
Serve with rice, pasta or mashed potatoes.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, halved
- 6 chicken thighs or 4 chicken leg quarters
- 3 tablespoons Jamie Geller Baharat
- 1-2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375℉. Spray a roasting pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place mushrooms all around pan. Arrange chicken over top of the mushrooms.
- In a small bowl combine baharat, salt, orange zest and juice and extra virgin olive oil. Mix well.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and mushrooms. Make sure chicken skin is coated with oil mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375℉ for 1 hour and 25 minutes, or until skin is slightly browned and crispy. Serve hot.
Make ahead tip: Mix spices with oil and juice the night before and store in a zip lock bag with mushrooms and chicken. When ready to cook, place contents of bag on pan and bake.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken thigh
- Calories: 168
- Carbohydrate Content: 7 g
- Cholesterol Content: 34 mg
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 38 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g