Easy, cheesy pasta dish that will have your kids asking for more.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound ditalini, elbow macaroni or other medium pasta shape, uncooked
- 1 cup skim milk
- ¾ cup part skim ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated low-fat cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup fine bread crumbs, dry
- 2 tablespoons melted margarine
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Prepare pasta according to package directions, reducing cooking time by one-third; drain.
3. While pasta is cooking, combine milk and ricotta in a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to a medium mixing bowl and stir in cheddar cheese, ⅓ cup of Parmesan cheese, parsley and salt and pepper.
4. Stir pasta into cheese mixture until well blended.
5. Transfer to a 10-inch round casserole dish.
6. Stir bread crumbs, margarine and remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese in a small bowl until thoroughly mixed. Sprinkle mixture evenly over casserole.
7. Bake at 375°F until heated through, bubbling around the edges, and bread crumbs are golden brown, about 35 minutes. Serve immediately.
Source: National Pasta Association