This quick and comforting breakfast happens to be one of my favorite anytime meals. I love how the egg yolks make a creamy sauce and combine with the polenta to make a velvety, delicious mouthful.
You will love making polenta in the oven, just mix everything together and bake until soft and creamy.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Cooking spray
- 4 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
Roasted Vegetables & Eggs
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 6 scallions, sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- Extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 eggs
- Garnishes: hot sauce, matbucha, za'atar, sumac, extra virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 350°F.
1. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Mix together broth, cornmeal, salt and evoo in prepared baking dish. Bake uncovered for 40 to 50 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, until creamy and very soft.
1. In the last 30 minutes of the polenta's baking, prepare the roasted veggies.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange vegetables on prepared baking sheet and drizzle with evoo. Season with salt and pepper. Roast at 350°F for 20 minutes.
3. Remove from oven and place cracked eggs directly on the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper and return the pan to the oven to continue cooking for 10 minutes more or until egg whites are set.
4. Divide polenta between serving bowls and transfer eggs and veggies to the bowls. Garnish with hot sauce, matbucha, za'atar, sumac, and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Serve warm.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.