This easy pasta bake replaces traditional tomato sauce with pumpkin puree, which lowers the acidity content and adds creaminess and nutrients.
For a quick weekday meal, assemble, and refrigerate for up to 3 days. When ready to eat, cook according to the recipe below.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Cooking spray, to coat pan
- 1 pound dry penne pasta
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped sage, or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Cook penne according to package directions.
3. In a large bowl, add cooked penne, pumpkin puree, heavy cream, 2 cups mozzarella, sage, salt, and garlic powder; stir to combine.
3. Transfer mixture to baking dish and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella.
4. Bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and melted. Cool slightly before serving.