Make a big batch of baked tofu and use it in salads and sandwiches all week long. Make sure to save the marinade to use as a dressing.
Avocado would be an amazing addition to this, just stick to no more than ¼ of a small one to keep calories down and add it fresh before eating, the rest of the bowl can be assembled and packed up ahead of time.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 ounces extra firm tofu
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger (frozen cube works well)
- Pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 cups cooked brown short grain rice (from 1 cup raw)
- 2 generous cups choice of shredded carrot, sliced
- cucumbers, sliced green onions, or chopped broccoli
- Garnish: sesame seeds, shredded seaweed
- Cut tofu into small cubes (or slabs if you wish to use in sandwiches). Marinate in the soy sauce, vinegar, honey, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes (if using) for at least 10 minutes or overnight.
- In a medium saute pan, heat 1 teaspoon sesame oil. Drain off excess marinade from tofu and reserve. Add tofu to hot pan, stirring often so it doesn’t burn. When browned about 10 minutes remove from heat, and serve over salad or rice bowl or store until ready to eat.
- For rice bowl, scoop ¾ cup rice into each bowl. Top each with a generous ½ cup veggies and ½ cup tofu. Drizzle with extra tofu marinade and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 265
- Carbohydrate Content: 44.7 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 11.1 g
- Sodium Content: 924 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g