The churro baklava mashup you didn't know you needed until now.
This super easy dessert will become your new go to, quick to whip up for last minute guests.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 24 twistsServings
- 2 sheets of puff pastry (17.5 ounce package)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- ¼ cup salted pecans
- ⅓ cup salted pistachios
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Zest of one orange or lemon
- Silan or honey for drizzling (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Roll puff pastry between two sheets of parchment paper to form a 12-inch square. Cut into 12 long strips. Note: Make sure puff pastry is as cold as possible while making the recipe. Place in fridge as necessary. Repeat with second sheet of puff pastry.
3. Place pecans and pistachios in a blender, food processor or spice grinder (or use a sharp knife), to create coarse crumbs. Combine nuts with sugar, cinnamon, orange zest and salt.
4. Brush extra virgin olive oil over puff pastry strips and dip into nut-sugar mixture so strip is fully coated. Twist strip 4 to 6 times.
5. Place twists onto parchment lined sheet and bake at 400°F for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown. While still hot, drizzle honey or silan over twists