- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 1/2 Tbsp canola oil, divided 20 mL
- 1 cup thinly sliced green bell pepper 250 mL
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion 125 mL
- 1/2 pkg (8 oz/225 g) sliced mushrooms 1/2
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced 2
- 1 pkg (13.8 oz/ 391 g) focaccia-style, refrigerated pizza dough 1
- 1/4 tsp dried red pepper flakes 1 mL
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves 125 mL
- 2 small plum tomatoes, cut into 12 rounds total 2
- 1/2 cup (2 oz/55 g) shredded part-skim mozzarella 125 mL
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese 30 mL
- 16 pitted kalamata olives, chopped 16
1 Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C). Heat 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and onions; cook 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook 2 minutes, using two utensils to stir easily. Add garlic, cook 15 seconds, and set aside.
2 Drizzle remaining 1/2 Tbsp (7 mL) canola oil on a baking sheet. Use fingertips to spread oil evenly.
3 Unroll dough onto baking sheet and shape into an 11 x 8-inch rectangle. Top dough with pepper flakes and mushroom mixture, spooning as close to edges as possible. Top with basil and arrange tomatoes in 12 even sections.
4 Bake 12 minutes. Sprinkle evenly with mozzarella. Bake 6 more minutes or until deep golden on edges. Top with Parmesan and sprinkle evenly with olives. Allow to cool to room temperature.
5 When serving, cut into 12 squares, and then cut each square in half diagonally to make 24 pieces total.