Prepare this flavorful Cranberry Teriyaki glaze and use it to make this flavorful easy chicken served over garlicky bok choy.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 bunch baby bok choy,washed and quartered
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy
- 1/4 teaspoon caster sugar
- Few drops Sesame oil
Cranberry Teriyaki Glaze
- 1 Spanish onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon Ginger, minced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup + 4 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar (a little less than 1/2 cup)
- 2 cup cranberry juice
- 1 orange; zest and juice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté the onions, ginger and cranberries in a pot with 2 Tbsp of the oil till soft.
- Add the sugar, cranberry juice, orange juice, zest and soy. Simmer till reduced by half. Transfer to a blender and slowly mix with the remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make a few slashes on the skin side of the chicken. Brush each thigh with the teriyaki glaze and cook in a 320ºF oven for 15 minutes.
- Bring out and re-glaze. Return to oven at 340ºF for a further 10-15 minutes till cooked. Rest the thigh for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile heat a wok and swirl in 1 Tbsp of oil. Add the minced garlic and cook for 20 seconds. Add the bok choy and 1 tablespoon of water. Stir fry for 1 minute. Add the other seasonings. Cook for a further 30 seconds. Transfer to a dish. Chop the chicken thigh, Chinese style and arrange on top of the garlic bok choy, pouring over any juices from the rested meat.