I created this dish for a chopped style challenge the kosher connection link up team did. We had to use canned corn, pears and Mike and Ike candies. I used to make this salad without the pears or candy and thought they would be a nice addition. You can certainly leave either one out, but the candies did add a surprisingly nice flavor and maybe will get your kids to eat it.
- Prep Time
- 6-8 ServingsServings
- 1 15 ounce can, black or red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 colored bell peppers, chopped
- 1 small pear, diced
- 1/2 cup Mike and Ike candies, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss well.