A refreshing dessert sauce as a beautiful extra to your meal. Get the recipe here.
- Prep Time
- 4 slices angel food cake
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup dark rum
- ¾ water
- 4 ounces semi sweet chocolate morsels
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream or non dairy substitute
- 1 tablespoon butter
1. Preheat the oven to 475.
2. Set angel food cake slices on a baking sheet and toast in oven to make less spongy.
3. In a sauce pan, bring the sugar, rum, water and chocolate to a simmer (sauce will be thin.)
4. Remove from heat, add butter and cream. Mix to combine.
5. Set angel food cake in center of plate; top with strawberries.
6. Drizzle chocolate sauce over the top.