- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 10 ServingsServings
- 1/2 cup Onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 cans Black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 to 3/4 cups dry unseasoned bread crumbs
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 2/3 cup flour or cornmeal
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Salsa as garnish
1 Sauté onions and bell peppers in margarine in sauté pan until tender, about 10 minutes; stir in garlic powder and cook 1 minute longer.
2 Mash 1 can can beans in large bowl; mix in onion mixture, remaining 2quarts beans, and remaining ingredients.
3 Form mixture into 10 patties.
4 Coat patties lightly with flour.
5 Spray both sides of patties with cooking spray; cook over medium to medium-low heat until browned, about 5 minutes on each side. Serve with salsa.