Guacamole is the quintessential summer dip, as avocados are in season and at their prime. The addition of the black beans adds protein and flavor to this dish. Use scotch bonnet chilies in place of the jalapeno for an even spicier version.
- Prep Time
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and strained
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 tomato, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno or scotch bonnet chili, finely diced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro or parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Combine all the above ingredients.
2. Serve immediately.
Tip: While there are many tips and tricks to prevent avocado from going brown, avocado is really best served fresh. If you want to make this ahead of time, combine all ingredients except the avocado. Add the avocado right before serving.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Summer 2013. Subscribe Now.