Combining elements of citrus fruit, fresh greens, savory duck, and a tangy vinaigrette dressing, this Blood Orange and Duck Confit Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette is no oridinary salad.
- Prep Time
Blood Orange and Duck Confit Salad
- 2 cups baby arugula (the peppery flavor balances the vinaigrette and duck)
- Several confit duck legs, skin peeled off and saved, and meat pulled and shredded
- 2 medium beets, roasted
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Grapefruit sections, tangerine sections, blood-orange sections
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- ⅓ cup blood-orange juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
1. Arrange the salad on a beautiful platter.
2. Crisp the duck skin in a medium sauté pan and chop it up. sprinkle over the salad.
3. Whisk the Citrus Vinaigrett ingredients together and pour over the salad
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Spring 2013 SUBSCRIBE NOW