This gluten free Blooming Onion is baked, not fried. It's a perfect healthy appetizer for a meal or party, and a great anytime snack.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- Cooking spray (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (or almond/soy)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Combine dry ingredients.
3. Slice the onion, then dredge in dry ingredient mixture, then dip into the milk and shake off excess liquid. Dredge again in the dry mixture and place on baking sheet.
4. Spray the onions with a little bit of cooking spray and bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.