This is a total blueberry blast! A fun and yummy recipe for both children and adults. Serve it just like they do at restaurants with coffee or tea and orange juice or milk.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 pancakesServings
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups blueberries, rinsed and dried
- Canola oil
- Sour cream
Blueberry Maple Syrup:
- 1 cup maple syrup
- ½ cup blueberries, rinsed and dried
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, egg, and milk.
2. Just before cooking the pancakes, stir the egg mixture into the flour mixture and gently fold in lemon zest and blueberries.
3. Heat a lightly oiled large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat until hot. Ladle ¼ cup pancake batter in pools, about 1 inch apart. Cook for about 5 minutes until bubbles appear on the tops of the pancakes. Gently flip over and continue cooking until golden on the bottom, about 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, prepare Blueberry Maple Syrup: In a small saucepan over low heat, combine maple syrup and blueberries. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring. Maple syrup can burn very quickly so watch it carefully. Pour into a small pitcher for serving.
Serve pancakes with sour cream and Blueberry Maple Syrup.
Recipe Courtesy of Quick & Kosher: Meals in Minutes by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2010).