Pre-make this decadent-yet-healthy blueberry cream cheese French toast for Sunday morning guests!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 loaf egg bread, cut into cubes
- 8 ounces cream cheese, slightly softened
- 1½ cups fresh blueberries, tossed lightly with 2 tablespoons flour
- 8 large eggs
- 1½ cups milk
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Layer one half of bread cubes in baking dish.
3. Cut cream cheese into cubes and scatter over bread.
4. Layer coated blueberries over cream cheese. Cover blueberries with the remaining bread.
5. Sprinkle generously with cinnamon.
6. In a bowl, combine milk, maple syrup, eggs, and butter.
Whisk to combine.
7. Pour milk mixture over bread and press into bread with a spatula. This will help the bread soak up the egg mixture.
8. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
9. Bake at 350 for 45 to 50 minutes.