Get your pasta ready for this quick and easy, gourmet dinner you can make with smoked salmon. Serve with your favorite salad.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- Kosher salt
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ⅓ cup dry white wine (can substitute pasta cooking water with a tablespoon of lemon juice)
- ¼ cup cream or half and half (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or dill
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, cut into bite sized pieces
- Ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta al dente and drain it reserving 1 cup of the water. Put the pine nuts in a single layer in a large skillet. Heat on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and lightly browned.
- Remove pine nuts from pan and set aside. In a large skillet heat olive oil on medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic, cook for 2 minutes, then add white wine, lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon of lemon zest.
- Increase the heat and let boil down by half. If you want a slightly creamy sauce, add the cream and let boil a minute more. The sauce should be done about the same time the pasta is done.
- If you get done earlier with it than the pasta, take it off the heat. Add the drained pasta to the skillet with the sauce.
- Add back some of the pasta water if it is a little dry. Add the smoked salmon, toasted pine nuts, parsley, and the remaining lemon zest. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Serves 3 to 4 for a main dish, 4 to 6 as a side. This recipe can be doubled or tripled.