Enjoy preparing delicious lamb chops during the festive week of Passover and any other time of the year.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Olive oil
- 8 shoulder lamb chops, about 3/4" thick
- 2 small onions, sliced into half moons
- 2 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 carrots, diced large
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Season the lamb chops with salt and pepper.
2. In a large sauté pan heat the oil and sear the lamb about 4 minutes on each side until browned. Do not overcrowd the pan. Remove each chop to an ovenproof, greased roasting pan. Overlap the chops if needed.
3. To the same sauté pan, add the onions, garlic and carrots. Cook until the onions are just wilted.
4. Add the white wine, cinnamon, herbs, and tomatoes. Whisk together, while scraping up the bits and pieces from the bottom of the pan. Bring to a simmer and pour over the lamb chops.
5. Seal the roasting pan tightly with aluminum foil. Bake at 350˚ F. for about 1 hour, or until the meat is tender.
6. Remove from the oven and skim off any fat that has risen to the surface. Serve immediately.