Broccoli is so healthy, that any way you eat it is good. Prepare this loaf for a winter Shabbat and bake potatoes and squash with it, but make enough for the next day because broccoli loaf at room temperature might be just the thing for a Shabbat afternoon lunch.
- 4-5 ServingsServings
- 3 cup broccoli florets, steamed and pureed in food processor
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast*
- 1/2 cup chopped onions or scallions
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup vegan cheddard cheese
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon seasoning
- sprinkle top with paprika
- Optional: pinch of nutmet on top
Preheat oven to 375.
Oil small loaf pan or muffin tins. Mix all ingredients together. Bake 40 minutes or until top browns, and there you are. Could anything be easier?
Ingredient note: Nutritional yeast is light and flaky, rich in Vitamin B12, and adds a cheese flavor -- can be used in place of Paremsan cheese.
From The Vegetarian Shabbat Cookbook