We love this simple side to any turkey dinner.
Shortcut: Buy frozen pureed butternut squash or frozen cubed squash.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Sprig of fresh thyme or ½ teaspoon dried
- 6 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
1. In a medium saucepan, over low heat, lightly coated with evoo, sweat garlic until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
2. Add thyme, squash and broth. Cover and simmer for about 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until squash is very soft and falling apart.
3. Mash squash with potato masher or using an immersion blender until creamy. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 90
- Carbohydrate Content: 11 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 515 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g