Born and raised in Los Angeles, I felt inspired to create a hot dog that was symbolic of my hometown. I decided to create a recipe using fresh and healthy ingredients ranging from guacamole to alfalfa sprouts. For some extra kick and a half, add Sriracha to taste. This is the perfect recipe for anyone that wants to make this an extra HOT Lag B’Omer even without a fire!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 7 ServingsServings
- 1 (14 oz) package of beef Frankfurters aka hot dogs
- 1 (12 oz) package of Frankfurter rolls
- 1/2 cup of alfalfa sprouts
- 1 package of premade guacamole
- 1/2 cup of diced cherry tomatoes
- Sriracha to taste
- Mayonnaise to taste
1. Option 1: Coat a skillet with cooking spray and add the frankfurters. On a medium-high heat, cook your dogs and constantly turn them in order that they evenly cook.
Option 2: Place the frankfurters on the grill perpendicular to the grate and 1 inch apart. Turn the dogs every 1-2 minutes in order that your dog cooks evenly.
Your hot dogs will be ready once the outside begins to crack.
2. Open your hot dog buns face down either on a grill or skillet and toast for 30 seconds.
3. Add a scoop of guacamole, diced tomatoes, and alfalfa sprouts to each hot dog.
4. For extra flavor, add sriracha and mayonnaise to taste.