- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1 cup Sliced California Ripe Olives
- 1/2 cup Chopped canned artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped basil
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Capers, drained
- 1 tsp. Chopped orange zest
- 18 (1/2-inch thick) slices French bread baguette (sliced diagonally)
- 4 oz. crumbled goat cheese
1 Reserve 2 tablespoons of California Ripe Olives in a small bowl for garnish. In the bowl of a food processor, combine remaining California Ripe Olives, artichoke hearts, 1/4 cup of basil, olive oil, capers and orange zest. Pulse until coarsely pureed.
2 Set aside. Grill baguette slices over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned on one side.
3 Remove toasts from grill and spread California Ripe Olive mixture on toasted side of each piece.
4 Top with goat cheese, return to grill (cheese side up), cover and cook for 1-2 more minutes until cheese is melted and bottom side is toasted.
5 Transfer to serving plate and garnish with remaining California Ripe Olives and basil.
Source: California Olive