- Prep Time
- 12 ServingsServings
- 1 1/2 cups Crumbled feta cheese
- 1 1/2
- 1 1/2 tsp Lemon rind, finely grated
- 1 1/2 tsp Fresh oregano, minced
- 36 pitted kalamata olives
- 1 1/2 cups California walnuts, toasted
- 12 Fresh oregano sprigs (for garnish)
1 Combine cheeses, sundried tomatoes, lemon rind and oregano. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
2 Scoop one tablespoon of cheese mixture and pat around one olive forming a ball. Repeat until 36 balls are formed.
3 Chop walnuts in food processor until finely chopped; transfer to a shallow pan. Roll each ball in walnuts to coat. Refrigerate.
4 At serving time, place 3 cheese truffles in a martini glass or on a plate; garnish with a sprig of fresh oregano. Serve with flatbreads or crostini.
Source: California Walnut Board