These bite sized Cannellini Bean, Tomato & Fresh Basil Crostini appetizers are the perfect accompaniment to an Italian inspired meal. You can find these ingredients and more at Eden.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons EDEN Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 large cloves garlic, slivered
- 1/4 teaspoon EDEN Sea Salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 15 oz. EDEN Cannellini (White Kidney) Beans, drained, reserve 2 tablespoons bean liquid
- 1/4 cup any EDEN Diced Tomatoes, drained, reserve 2 tablespoons liquid
- 8 whole fresh basil leaves, sliced into 1/4 " strips
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 16 slices whole grain baguette or Italian bread
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Heat the oil in a medium skillet and sauté garlic until golden brown. Add pepper flakes, sea salt, black pepper, beans, bean cooking liquid and tomatoes. Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes. Add the basil and cook 1 to 2 minutes until wilted. Turn off the flame and mix in the lemon juice. Set aside.
3. Place the baguette slices on a baking sheet, and bake about 5 minutes, be careful not to burn. Remove and top slices with the bean and tomato mixture.
Find this recipe and more at Eden Foods.