The flaky pastry and sweet and savory onions make for perfect bite. For a dairy meal, add goat cheese to give it that extra creaminess that takes this dish over the top.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 Spanish onions
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry dough, defrosted
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- ½ cup goat cheese, crumbled (optional)
- Thinly slice the onions. Heat oil in large sauté pan over medium heat. Add onions and salt; cook on low/medium heat for about 30 minutes, or until onions are caramelized and golden brown.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Roll out puff pastry and shape it into a 9x13 rectangle. Fold edges over to create a crust.
- Lower oven to 375°F.
- Place puff pastry on large baking tray with parchment paper. Top with caramelized onions and thyme. Bake for 40 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown.
- Top with crumbled goat cheese (optional).